President, Turbo Wood
Over 22 years experience in the wood products industry.
- Front Line Supervisor
- Plant Manger
- Multiplant Regional Manager
- VP Manufacturing
Accounting and finance in a multiplant sawmill environment
- Financial analysis of business units.
- Production analysis and reporting.
- Capital projects analysis and justification.
- Business unit and project return on investment analysis
- Cash flow analysis.
- Regional manger over multiple plants.
- Mills included
- The largest sawmill complex in the United States with production of more than 450 million bf annually.
- The largest 100% Hemlock dimension sawmill in the United States.
- The only "green glue" fingerjoint facility operating in the US for commercial purposes.
- 600+ employees
- $200+ million in annual sales .
- 720+ million board ft production
- Leadership in high performance safety efforts.
- Implemented quality production standards to meet Japanese export and engineered wood requirements.
- Leadership of annual tactical and 5 year strategic planning efforts.
- Bottom line accountability for financial results which consistently exceeded industry averages.
- Motivation of employees for consistent high performance.
- Annual budgeting for resources, manufacturing and sales along with CAPEX planning.
- Timber cutting mill plant manager. Turn around of money losing plant to exceptional profitability.
- Green fingerjoint plant manager. Development of new adhesive for gluing green lumber with successful start-up and consistently profitable operation.
Larry Dennis Sr.
Director, Newberg Turbo Paper Group President, Turbo Leadership Systems
1985-2007: Founder and President: Turbo Leadership Systems.
Turbo Leadership Systems is an executive team building and leadership skills development organization. Turbo Leadership Systems has worked closely for 20 years with management teams of over 200 client companies in manufacturing, guest services, distribution and construction businesses.
Larry speaks with conviction and power on these topics and more:
"Making Moments Matter"
"Creating Synergistic Teamwork"
"How To Make Change Work For You"
"Repeat Business - 6 Steps to Superior Customer Service"
"How To Turbo Charge Your Sales Force"
"In Formation - How Your Team Can Gain the 71% Advantage"
Author of six books:
- Repeat Business - 6 Steps to Superior Customer Service,
- Empowering Leadership, How To Turbo Charge You,
- In Formation - How to Gain The 71% Advantage,
- Making Moments Matter - 89 Tools for Taking Charge of Your Time,
- The Great Baseball Cap,
- Motorcycle Meditations - A Vision Quest to Alaska.
Currently writing his 7th book, The 15 Leadership Principles of Ronald Reagan and How You Can Use Them to Change Your World
- Leader of small Group Ministry
- Syndicated columnist in the Daily Journal of Commerce
- Inventor of the Psycho-Actualized Learning (PAL) Video System
- Member of the International Platform Assoc.
- Member of the National Speaker's Assoc.
- Served on the Education Committee of the Portland Chamber
- Served in elected office as an advisor and campaign manager for political candidates.
- Business Advisory Council - Warner Pacific College
- Current board member - Providence Newberg Health Board, Cascade Policy Institute, Celebration Church
- Past board member - John Wesley College